NEW YORK - Monroe County, Surplus Land & Buildings
Buildings and Land For Sale
At the auction:
- All bidders must pre-register. Registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. and the auction will begin at about 10:00 a.m.
- The owners reserve is based upon a Real Estate Appraisal.
- Registrants must possess and disclose a bank draft or certified check for $1,000, payable to Monroe County Director of Finance at the time of registration.
- Each parcel will be described prior to the bidding.
- The successful bidder will be required to execute a purchase offer and to make an immediate non-refundable deposit of 10% of the successful bid at the time of execution and the balance of the bid price within 30 days of County Legislative approval of the sale. The consequences of failing to close on a Property timely include the right of the County to sell the Property to the Second Highest Bidder and forfeiture of your deposit.
- The Seller, (Monroe County), neither guarantees nor warranties anything as to location, dimensions, parcel use or size. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to determine the legal and/or physical fitness of the property.
- It is our understanding that the new title will be insurable. The County of Monroe will furnish title which is insurable, including abstract of title, tax search and quit claim deed at closing. The purchase offer will require that the County be reimbursed for the cost of providing the title search or abstract of title.
- The highest auction bid will be presented to the Monroe County Legislature for final approval, and the County of Monroe absolutely retains the right to reject any and all bids for any reason.
- If through no fault of the County of Monroe, title is not acceptable by the purchaser because of a title problem, it is agreed that the County is not responsible for damages in any way, and if title is uninsurable, the bidder shall be limited to return of his deposit.
- If the successful bidder fails to close at the time specified in the purchase offer, then he shall be responsible at closing to pay interest on the purchase price at the rate of 8% per annum, calculated from such time until closing, and an in lieu of tax payment for County taxes equivalent to what would have been levied under S520 of the Real Property Tax law and closing occurred at such time.
- All properties will be sold subject to all public utility easements, all easements and restrictions of record and subject to all laws, ordinances, rules, regulation and requirements of any of the towns or villages, County of Monroe and State of New York, including all building and zoning requirements with regard to the use of the improvements or facilities which are available to this parcel.
- Prior to the transfer of title, the successful bidder will be required to provide proof that the successful bidder owes no County Taxes on other property which he owns in Monroe County. If the successful bidder owes outstanding County taxes, they will be given thirty (30) days within which to pay said taxes in full; if not, the County of Monroe has the further right to cancel the sale, the purchaser’s deposit will be retained by the County as liquidated damages.
- All properties will be sold in an “as is” condition. The County of Monroe makes no representations or warranties as to the condition of the property.
- All terms and conditions of the approved purchase offer will be final and will supersede any prior agreements with the County, either written or implied. Additional information is available by contacting Amy Grande at (585) 753-1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org